Electric City Culture Council (EC3)
Canada Summer Jobs
Summer Student Job Posting
Job Title: Artsweek 2016 Program Coordinator Assistant
Artsweek is a project of the Electric City Culture Council (EC3).
This position is funded through the Government of Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age and must have been a full-time student in the previous year and intend to return to school in the Fall of 2016.
Reporting directly to the Artsweek Program Coordinator, the Artsweek Program Coordinator Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and production duties supporting the Artsweek Program Coordinator in the development and delivery of a 10 day, multi-disciplinary arts festival in the City of Peterborough. These duties may include:
- Supporting the Artsweek Coordinator in event planning, production activities and administrative record keeping
- Providing support in marketing and communications including: assembling media kits and distributing media materials, signage and other promotional tools and materials
- General administrative support including record keeping, receiving and delivering contracts, filing and printing
- Volunteer coordination and support
- Organizing venues and amenities such as catering, chairs etc.
- Developing and maintaining Artsweek documentation and archives
- Assisting with program analytics and evaluation
- Ability to take initiative, plan and organize projects from beginning to end
- Good writing and communications skills
- Good judgement and flexibility
- Ability to work effectively independently, as well as in a team
- Knowledge of the arts and the Peterborough community a definite asset.
Hours: 30 hours per week
Duration: 8-week position starts in early June, ends in late August 2016
Location: Peterborough Ontario (site TBD)
Hourly Rate of Pay: $11.25 per hour
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will receive a response to the application.
Deadline: June 13, 2016 – 5pm
About EC3: The Electric City Culture Council (EC3) is a not-for-profit service organization providing support to the arts, culture and heritage sector in Peterborough and the surrounding region. Our mission is to build and strengthen the sector through a variety of programs and services, including producing Artsweek.